Private sewing lessons offer focused instruction at an individual's - or small group's - pace. Lessons can be scheduled at
Elizabeth's sewing studio in SW Portland. If you want the lesson to be held somewhere else, a fee for travel time will be added.
Lessons for Kids
Sewing lessons are a great after-school activity! Your child can have private lessons or you can increase the fun by pairing up
with another child. Ask Elizabeth how that can save you money, too.
Is your child too young for sewing camp (under age 9)? Please contact Elizabeth, who would love to teach your inspired child,
too. As they say, "Where there is a will, there is a way."
Lessons for Adults
Wait! Adults like sewing lessons, too! The following is a list of possible topics. Do you want to learn something else? Contact
Elizabeth to discuss what you would like to learn, and to schedule your private lesson.
For more information and to schedule your private sewing lesson, contact Elizabeth.
- Beginning sewing (using your machine, sewing your first project)
- Advanced basic sewing (darts, zippers, seam finishes, and tricks for controlling fabric)
- Lined pencil skirt (fitting, lining, darts, waist finishes, kickpleat and hems)
- Shirt making (fitting, darts, collars, sleeves, buttonholes and buttons)
- Sewing with knits (where to stabilize, choosing seams styles, specialized fitting and sewing techniques)
- Making purchased garments fit (alterations or "tailoring")